It can be a little overwhelming to prepare for a photo session and the biggest question is usually, "what on earth am I going to wear?" So here I am, ready to answer that question for you so that you know you look your best! Because when you look your best, you feel your best!
1. Don't be afraid to be a little bold and really show your personality through what you wear! Accessories are a great way to do this! Break out the statement necklaces, scarves, bold shoes, hats, or whatever else your heart desires!
2. Try to avoid any small patterns or stripes. They can tend to look a little funky from far away and can distract from that good lookin' face of yours! AND, while we're at it, avoid any logos or words.
3. Make sure all of your pockets are empty! I will be happy to hold onto any keys or phones, but let's make sure you get them out of the photo. You'll thank me later!
4. Don't try to match! I know it can be tempting to pick outfits that match perfectly, but it's always better to find ways to COORDINATE instead. Everyone in the same color? No thank you! But if you have details or colors that help you coordinate, everything flows a lot better and will look great!
5. For longer sessions, I definitely recommend bringing an extra outfit. It's usually best to bring something a little dressier, and something more casual so you get two different styles mixed in! I also recommend starting out with your dressy outfit first so when we have a party at the end of the shoot you'll be comfortable and ready for an adventure! (those are usually where my favorite images come from!)
6. Make sure your ring has been cleaned for the shoot! I love to get fun detail shots of that beautiful accessory and having it cleaned before our session is something you'll never regret.
7. Make sure you're comfortable in what you choose to wear! I love to just have a good time and get great images, but it's a little harder to relax if you're not comfortable in what you're wearing.