Ah, good old social media. You either love it or you hate it...or you flip between the two on a daily (or even hourly) basis. It can be tough to keep up with all of the different platforms, types of content, and rules that come along with each! Finding a good balance and managing various accounts can be tough. Read on for my tips on how to stay sane while playing the social media game, and using it as a tool for your business!
1. Be consistent! Showing up regularly helps to build trust with your faithful followers/readers. It also helps you to appear in front of even more eyes and continue to build your following.
2. Show your personal style. What makes you, you? Every little thing that you love and value contributes to what makes you unique, and will help you attract people that will be drawn to that as well.
3. Be really good on one platform if you need to...rather than mediocre on all of them. Sure, it would be great to have a huge fan base on every social media platform but that is a TON of work, and some platforms may not click with you. So, commit to the ones you love and make your presence known!
4. Plan your posts ahead. Nobody likes a post that doesn't make sense or has typos! Planning ahead takes away the stress, and ensures that each post is well thought out.
5. Talk to your ideal client. Who is your ideal client? Talk to them! If you're trying to talk to (and appeal to) everyone, you'll be pretty vanilla and not enticing to anyone. Instead, spend your time serving them with quality content and they'll become loyal followers and even customers/clients!